We hope you can join us for this annual event that honours fallen soldiers. This year’s Memorial Day (USA) Murph is on Monday, May 28th. (Spring Bank) We will have Athletes do the CrossFit Hero workout Murph and then stay round and show support for everyone. This event is for all Defiance athletes and we encourage everyone to participate.
1 mile Run
1 mile Run
In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005. This workout was one of Mike’s favorites and he’d named it “Body Armor”. From here on it will be referred to as “Murph” in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is. Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you’ve got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.
As always, we will have scaling options. Ash and Matt will be there to help guide you if you’re not sure which option is for you:
1. RX – as written and with a 20-pound vest (we have a few vests – first come, first serve). The 20 pound vest is for male AND female for RX, there is no “women’s weight.” The vest mimics the weight of body armor and you can’t scale body armor, bad things happen.
2. BODY WEIGHT – as written, but without a weight vest
3. BODY WEIGHT plus bands/plates – as written, without a weight vest, and using bands for pull-ups or doing push-ups onto plates.
4. HALF MURPH – 800m run with 1/2 pull-ups, push-ups, and squats (50/100/150)
5. TEAM MURPH – in a team of 2, partners run alternating 400s and split the pull-ups/push-ups/squats. One partner can work at a time.
The Hero Workouts
Fallen but Never Forgotten – the CrossFit Hero workouts explained.
Talk to a coach in the next few weeks if you’re not sure which option is right for you! We’re always happy to chat.
And we hope to see you there! Depending on numbers we will run multiple heats.